Service levels can make or break office productivity.
When selecting a new fleet of copiers, multifunctional products or printers, quality of service is just as important as product quality. All vendors say that they have the best service. But how can you be sure a dealer will walk the walk after you award them your business?
It takes tremendous determination to provide superior service day-in and day-out. Not every dealer commits the resources necessary to do this. The right culture and policies must be in place. Before you make a decision, consider the following.
- Call the dealer and see if you can easily contact someone.
- Leave a voice message and test response time.
- Call the service department and time how long you’re kept on hold.
- When placing a service request through a website or via e-mail – did you receive confirmation?
A quality service company makes it easy for customers to speak with a live person. Their employees will also respond to e-mails and voicemails in a timely manner.
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
- Verify whether machines will bedelivered and installed simultaneously.
- Will the machine be connected to your network the same day?
- Who will handle training?
Ask to meet the service manager. If this is easily arranged, it is an indication that the dealer’s service department will deliver the level of service promised by its sales department. Questions you’ll want to ask should include:
- Do the technicians provide customers with an estimated time of arrival when a service request is received?
- What is their policy if a machine has excessive down time, and will the dealer provide a loaner?
Don’t hesitate to ask any questions that are important to your business. And be sure and gauge a dealer’s flexibility when it comes to meeting your service needs, especially those that are unplanned.
The office machines you purchase should help your business be more productive, not burden it. Taking time to carefully evaluate the service that you will be receiving for the next three to four years is well worth the invesment.
Trackback from your site.